Home Forums EBP Tools for Supervisors & Managers Preparing Staff for Training

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by MarkCarey MarkCarey December 04 , 2014.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF |  
  • MarkCarey
    MarkCarey
    Participant

If you’re implementing training within your agency, you know that it can sometimes be tough. We’ve all heard staff say things like “I don’t know why I have to go to this training; I already know this stuff,” “What I’m doing is already working; why do I need to be trained in something new?” “Nothing I do is going to make a difference with offenders; why bother trying?” or “I don’t have time for this.” Sound familiar?

We developed a resource for a community corrections jurisdiction that can help. It offers suggestions for what the agency can do to ensure that training is a good experience and return on investment, and for what individual staff members can do to ensure that they get as much out of the training session as possible.

We want to hear your ideas too! What other steps have you and your staff taken to ensure that training experiences are as impactful as possible?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.