Home Forums EBP Tools for Staff Gender Specific Programming

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by DebbieSmith DebbieSmith March 21 , 2017.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF |  
  • DebbieSmith
    DebbieSmith
    Participant

Thanks Evan. When dealing with moderate and high risk individuals, there is a strong likelihood that many of them will need trauma-informed services. For these and other gender-specific programming ideas, we would recommend contacting the National Resource Center for Justice Involved Women (NRCJIW). They have an “Ask NRCJIW” link on their website: http//cjinvolvedwomen.org. This is the go-to resource for questions about women in the justice system. If you can post on the EBP Peer-to-Peer Forum what you learn so that others can benefit, it would be greatly appreciated.

evanhazelton
    Participant

I am with Community Corrections dealing with moderate and high risk clients. Currently we use guides and bits along with T4C. Looking to expand our programming a bit. Thanks for the response.

MarkCarey
    MarkCarey
    Participant

We would be glad to respond.  Can you clarify who you serve in your agency?  The programming would depend on a number of factors: adult versus juvenile; special needs; correctional or non-correctional; low or high risk individuals; those with a mental health condition, etc.

evanhazelton
    Participant

I am looking for ideas for gender specific programming that is rooted in EBP for my agency. I would love to hear some ideas. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.