Home Forums EBP & Related Research Findings Dosage Concerns

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by mrsjordanmorris mrsjordanmorris October 03 , 2017.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF |  
  • mrsjordanmorris
    mrsjordanmorris
    Participant

Have any additional dosage studies been completed?

Looking at the Kroner & Takahashi, 2012 study it appears to have been completed on a very small sample size, with the control group being even smaller. The demographic variable “Index Offense” when compared to our supervised population is much different which also raises concerns for me. In our community supervision program 63% of our population are sentenced as a result of a drug offense. I’m slightly concerned in applying this study to our population and curious as to whether that variable would impact the recidivism outcomes. We case-manage only moderate and high risk adults (using the IRAS-CST). Another one of my concerns is we are finding that individuals who are sentenced to our supervision typically have an incredibly long pre-trial duration (average time between charges being filed and a case disposition is 240 days) which certainly must also impact this dosage target effectiveness. How effective is a dosage target when it is being applied years after an offense is committed? Of the case dispositions there are instances where an individual will first serve 1-2 years incarcerated and then transition to community supervision. These are just some things that ran through my mind as we are looking at implementing a dosage target policy. I want to ensure that we are putting our time and energy into something that has been validated with our local population or one demographically similar and I am not convinced that this would be the best use of our resources. Could someone please share some insight that would calm my concerns?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.